The Late Tan Sri Dato’ NAPSIAH OMAR
- Bachelor of Science, Australian National University, Canberra
- Master of Science, Cornell University, New York
Business and Occupation:
- Company Director
- Former Associate Professor, Universiti Putra Malaysia in 1981
- Conferred a Dato by Negeri Sembilan State Government
- Conferred a Tan Sri by Federal Government
Government Positions Held:
- Former Deputy Minister of National Unity and Social Development, 1982-87
- Former Minister of Public Enterprise, 1987-90
- Former Minister of National Unity and Social Development, 1990-1995
- Former State Executive Councillor for Negeri Sembilan, 1996
Political Positions Held:
- UMNO State Woman Leader for Negeri Sembilan up till 2004
- Permanent Chairman of UMNO Wanita since 2004
- Co-Founder cum Chairperson, Women’s Institute of Management since 1993
- Former President, Federal Territory Girl Guides Association
- Tokoh Wanita Negeri Sembilan, 2001
- National Outstanding Educator Award (College category), 2015
Dato Dr. NELLIE S.L. TAN-WONG
DSNS, KMN, PMC, PJK, JP
Dato Dr. Nellie Tan-Wong is the Co-Founder, Deputy Chairperson of the Board of Trustees and CEO (Honorary) of the Women’s Institute of Management (WIM), Malaysia. She is also Editor (Honorary) of the WIM’s Business Journal, an 80-page publication issued three times a year. WIM was incorporated as a tax exempt Non Profit Women’s NGO on 14 .5.1993 and owns a 6-storey Building, Wisma WIM, which is free of encumbrances. Up till 30.4.2020, WIM has conducted 754 courses / events, benefitting 34,885 participants, mostly marginalised women . WIM conducts a British MBA Degree Programme and does not receive any annual Government grant.
Other voluntary leadership positions held by her includes as Presidents of the Royal Sungei Ujong Club, NSCMH Medical Centre, YWCA of Malaysia and as National Vice Chairman of the Malaysian Red Crescent Society and Chairman, Malaysian Institute of Accountants, N.S. and Malacca.
By occupation, she is a practising Chartered Accountant, heading her own firm, S.L. Tan & Co. She is also Managing Director of various Private Limited Companies. In 1991 she was appointed a Justice of the Peace by the N.S. State Government. In 1993 she was conferred a Datoship by His Royal Highness, the Ruler of Negeri Sembilan.
International leadership positions held by Dato Nellie include as Finance Chairperson, World YWCA, Geneva and Member of the Board of Trustees, Women’s World Banking, New York. She has travelled to 26 countries, around the world and invited to speak at various international conferences such as those organised by the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Boston, the Asia Development Bank, the Judge Business School, Cambridge University, UK, the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), Asia-Australia Institute, Edith Cowan University and the Governments of Western Australia, Canada and Fiji.
She has been awarded Honorary Doctor of Letters. by the Thompson River University, BC, Canada and Honorary Doctor of Business Administration by the University of East London, UK. In 2011 she was awarded one of the Most Outstanding Chinese Leaders by the Malaysian Chinese Leaders Caucus and the Brand Laureate Icon Leadership Award.