Women’s Institute of Management in partnership with United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Prevention and management of gender-based violence through community mobilization and health sector response
To contribute to improving the status of marginalized and vulnerable women as well as contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the National Policy on Women.
- Improved capability of marginalized and vulnerable women in project areas in protecting themselves from violence and other related matters
- Improved the capacity of WIM and other like-minded NGOs and women’s associations to incorporate issues of empowerment of women against violence and other related problems into their existing training programs.
- Increased understanding of violence and other related problems among enforcement officers
( police, welfare and prison officers ) and the media so that they can empathize and assist women who experience violence and rape with greater sensitivity.
To have contributed to the empowerment of marginalized and vulnerable women to protect themselves from GBV and its complication particularly HIV/AIDS
- Training Programme for marginalised and vulnerable women i.e. single mothers, housewives, young single ladies, estate women, etc to improve knowledge on SRH, HIV/AIDS and GBV
- Sensitization and training programme for other community members to improve knowledge on SRH, HIV/AIDS and GBV
An Achievement for WIM
The international audit firm, Moore Stephen, based in London, was appointed by the UNFPA to conduct an audit assessment exercise on WIM, which has been awarded several training projects by the UNFPA since 1997 and currently extended up till 2017. As a result, WIM has been declared a low risk partner of UNFPA, and therefore exempted from audit for 5 years w.e.f. 2017.
Workshops in Action
List of NGOs, Associations and Government Bodies we have collaborated with:
- Polis DiRaja Malaysia (PDRM)
- Penjara Malaysia
- National Union of Plantation Workers (NUPW)
- Selangor & Federal Territory Eurasian Association
- Pertubuhan Ibu Tunggal Malaysia
- Pertubuhan Ibu Tunggal Islam Malaysia
- Pusat Khidmat 1Malaysia Ipoh
- Malaysian Red Crescent Malaysia
- Wanita MCA Selangor, Kajang, Selayang & Klang
- Persatuan Ibu Tunggal Mantugung, Sabah
- Jabatan Kerja Sosial Perubatan Muar