- WIM was incorporated on 14.5.1993 and is the only Women’s Non Profit NGO which owns a 6-storey building, Wisma WIM built in 2000 and which is free of encumbrances and provides rental revenue for WIM, which does not receive any annual government grant.
- The Minister of Domestic Trade and Industry appointed WIM to train the Corporate Directors’ Training Programme (CDTP) as an HRDF Approved Training Provider under PROLUS Scheme, for 10,000 company directors from Private Limited Companies (Sdn. Bhd.) throughout Malaysia, from 2001- 2005
- WIM has organised 734 courses and events for 33,823 participants, mostly free skills training courses for disadvantaged women throughout Malaysia (as at 31.8.2018)
- WIM has taken up the responsibility of providing higher education for working adults by delivering a British MBA Degree Programme. WIM College is one of the most successful MBA providers in Kuala Lumpur. Its success is due to:
a) WIM College being listed as a provider for MyBrain 15 Programme, from which a sum of RM10,000 for MBA fee of eligible applicant is sponsored by the Government.
b) WIM College having obtained all approvals of the Ministry of Higher Education and the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA), and recognised by the Public Service Dept. (PSD)
c) our MBA students being eligible for withdrawal from the Employees Provident Fund.
d) our application being processed by the HRDF for our MBA students to obtain claims for companies contributing to HRDF.
e) a recent special audit of WIM College conducted by the University of East London (UEL) and external universities in the UK, as a result of which WIM College is exempted from audit by UEL for the next 5 years.
- WIM is the only NGO which produces a Business Journal, INSPIRE, 3 times a year covering Leadership, Management, Education, Law, Health, Entrepreneurship and Women’s Issues.
- The international audit firm, Moore Stephen, based in London, was appointed by the UNFPA to conduct an audit assessment exercise on WIM, which has been awarded several training projects by the UNFPA since 1997 and currently extended up till 2017. As a result, WIM has been declared a low risk partner of UNFPA, and therefore exempted from audit for 5 years w.e.f. 2017
- On the recommendation of the Minister of Women, Family and Community Development, YAB the Prime Minister has appointed the WIM’s CEO to the newly formed National Women’s Advisory and Consultative Council on 4.8.2015