For greater productivity and a conducive work environment, good communications among teams and departments are essential. When communications are clear and vibrant, there will be more understanding among employees, more goodwill and fewer conflicts among them.
Communication among team members must be open, direct, timely and relevant. It is also essential for teams to have a wide circle of influence and this is achieved partly through a sound ability to communicate.
This 2-Day workshop is designed to empower you with knowledge and tools on how to be an effective team player and communicator.
1. The Importance of Open Team Communication
2. Behaviours that cause Breakdowns in Team Communication
3. Types of Verbal Communication
4. Use of Nonverbal Communication
5. Language and Impact on Communication
6. Influencing and Persuading Team Members
7. Winning Trust from Team through Active Listening
8. Team Guidelines for Effective Communication
9. Putting It All Together
This workshop is designed to use a blended approach of sharing knowledge concepts with practical workshop activities. Participants will learn from experiential exercises. The following tools and techniques will be used:
• Individual and group work
• Peer group sharing
• Case studies
• Team Communication Guideline /Framework Role play
• Communication Strategy Framework
• Communication Guidelines model
• Facilitator’s feedback and input
Who Should Attend
• Those who have to lead and manage teams
About the Speaker
• Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Wolverhampton, UK
• Practitioners’ Diploma in International Advertising (Dip.IAA, New York)
• Cert.Ed (TESOL), Pantai Valley Teachers’ College, Kuala Lumpur
• Master in Business Administration , Soft Systems Methodology, University of Hull, UK
• Higher Group Diploma in Public Relations, Sales Management, Marketing and Advertising (Institute of Commercial Management, Bournemouth, UK)
• Associate Estate Planning Practitioner (AEPP), UK
Philip is a public speaker, master trainer, researcher and consultant. He has held senior management portfolios in diverse industry and has over 15 years of experience in the field of corporate training. Among the organisations he has trained in-house includes Hewlett Packard, Ministries from the Government of Malaysia, I-CIMB, IM4U Sentral, Australian High Commission, COWAY, JOTUN, Malaysia Airports Berhad, SIEMENS, etc.
If you wish to get more information, please download the brochure with registration form or call WIM Office at 03-77250268 / 77299909.
Date: 13th-14th July 2017, Thu-Fri
Time: 9 am – 5 pm
WBN Member – RM1000.00
Non-member – RM1200.00
Group (min 3) – RM1100 (An organization sending 3 or more staff members to attend is entitled to RM1100 per participant.)
(Fees inclusive of 6% GST, refreshments, luncheon, course materials and Certificate of Attendance)
HRDF SBL CLAIMABLE
Have a question?